An Avro Arrow Bibliography
Published Books (non-fiction)
Created: July 4, 1995
- Campagna, Palmiro. Storms of Controversy, Stoddart, Toronto, 1992
- Peden, Murray. Fall Of An Arrow, Stoddart, Toronto, 1978
- Organ, Richard, Page, Ron, Watson, Don, & Wilkinson, Les.
The Boston Mills Press, Erin, Ontario, 1980
- Stewart, Greig. Shutting
Down The National Dream, McGraw-Hill Ryerson, Scarborough, 1988
- Shaw, E.K. There Never Was An Arrow, Steel Rail, 1981
- Dow, James. The Arrow, James Lorrimer and Co., 1979.
- Gunston, Bill. Early Supersonic Fighters of the West, 1972.
- Jane's All The World's Aircraft, 1958.
- The Aerospace Heritage Foundation of Canada. CF-100 Restoration
Project, AHFC, 1995.
- Orchard, David. The
Fight for Canada: Four Centuries of
Resistance to American Expansionism, Stoddart, 1993 (pp 100-109).
- Molson, K.M. and Taylor, H.A. Canadian Aircraft Since 1909,
Canada's Wings Inc., Stittsville, Ontario, 1982.
- Fuller, G.A., Griffin, J.A., and Molson, K.M. 125 Years of
Canadian Aeronautics: A chronology 1840-1965, Canadian Aviation
Historical Society, Willowdale, Ontario, 1983.
Published Books (fiction)
- Robinson, Robert R. Scrap Arrow, PaperJacks, Don Mills, 1975
- Wyatt, Daniel. Last Flight of the Arrow
- Woodman, Jack. Flying The Avro Arrow, Canadian Aeronautics and
Space Institute Symposium, Winnipeg, May 16, 1978
- Butz, J.S. Jr. CF-105 Displays Advanced Engineering, Aviation
Week, October, 1957.
- Also, Aviation Week: Jan 13, 1958 (p103), Nov 10, 1958 (p31), March
9, 1959 (p289)
- DeBiasi, Victor. Avro Arrow: New Frontiers of Fighter Design,
Space/Aeronautics, May, 1959.
- Flight International, August 22, 1958 (p263)
- Stratford, H. Ralph. Feather Weight Feet for 30-ton Giant,
Canadian Aviation, February, 1958.
- Lenkowsky, M. Avro Arrow Ground Support, Canadian Aviation,
- Hemphill, Ernie. Canadian Industry Outlook, Canadian Aviation,
- Hemphill, Ernie. Keystone to Industry's Development, Canadian
Aviation, January, 1958.
- Hemphill, Ernie. Avro's CF-105 An Ultimate in Interceptors!,
Canadian Aviation, October, 1957.
- Continental Air Power Role of the Avro Arrow, Canadian
Aviation, February, 1958.
- Editorial. Wanted: End to Speculation On the Avro Arrow
Program, Canadian Aviation, September, 1958.
- Editorial. Economic Expedience Seals Fate of the Arrow Program,
Canadian Aviation, October, 1958.
- Avro's CF-105 Arrow, Canadian Aviation, November, 1957.
- CF-105 Tooling New Compounds Cut Costs, Canadian Aviation,
Magazine Articles, etc
- Thuma, W.R. On the Trail of the Arrow, Engineering Dimensions,
May/June 1995, pg 39
- Campagna, Paul, P. Eng, "Avro Arrow-An Aviation Chapter in canadian History", pp46-53, Engineering Dimensions, Sep/Oct 1988
- Orr, John L., P. Eng., "Bringing Down the Arrow: A 30-Year Retrospective", pp 33-36 & 55, Engineering Dimensions, Jan/Feb 1989
- Campagna, Palmiro, P. Eng., "Avro Arrow Setting the Record Straight", Engineering Dimensions, pg 42, Jul/Aug 1993
- Douglas, Robert G. Flying Saucers From Canada!, American
History of Invention and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 3, Winter, 1996.
- Military Technical Journal, No. 3, February 1996.
- The Nation, February 7, 1959 (p113 or 115)
- Aeroplane Monthly, June 1989 (p354)
- Air Classics, January 1989 (p28)
- Air Enthusiast Eight (p354)
- Peden, Murray. Fall of an Arrow, Wings/Airpower, Sentry Books.
- Fine Scale Modeler, Avro CF-105 Arrow, Hobbycraft Canada,
Workbench Review, December, 1988 (p18)
- Fine Scale Modeler, Avro CF-100 Canuck, Astra,
Workbench Review, October, 1986 (p13)
- Johnson, Brian D., Raising The Arrow, Maclean's, January 13, 1997.
- Johnson, Brian D., A slow launch for the white ghost,
Maclean's, January 13, 1997.
- Callwood, June, Requiem For A Dream, Maclean's, January 13, 1997.
Theatrical Presentations / Video / Film
- Bomphray, Clinton. The Legend of the Avro Arrow, Playwright's
Union of Canada, Toronto, 1990. (This play was great!)
- Avro Arrow, CF-105... A Short History, Aviation Videos, 1988.
- Lloyd, James. Arrow: From Dream to Destruction, Aviation
- Avro Canuck, CF-100... All Weather Interceptor, Aviation Videos.
- CF-105 Avro Arrow Enthusiast Edition, Aviation Videos.
- Avro Jetliner, C-102... North America's First Jet Transport,
- Avrocar... Avro's Flying Saucer, Aviation Videos.
- Too Good To Be True: The Arrow, the Jetliner, and James C.
Floyd, Rudy Inc., Toronto, 1993. See it on TVO (Watch for Elwy Yost for
the lead in).
- The End of an Arrow, Lynx Images Releasing, 1991
If you have futher information about references, or just want to
comment, mail me:
Last Update: 16 August 2008 (Changed email address)